I recently bought a Raspberry Pi 3 to perform simple experiment. Experiment is to try flashing Android Internet of Things(IOT) on it and run sample app.
- Raspberry Pi3, Model B, 1GB RAM
- MicroSdCard 8Gb
- Latest preview image from Android of things
- Instructions on copying the image to SDCardusing Mac here
- Instructions on using the image on Raspberry PI here
- HDMI cable connected to monitor, microUsb acting as power supply, ethernet cable for internet and mouse.
Experiment’s steps overview
- Downloaded the preview image from the android of things and copied it in microSdCard from the instructions above.
~/Downloads|⇒ sudo dd bs=1m if=iot_rpi3.img of=/dev/rdisk2 4352+0 records in 4352+0 records out 4563402752 bytes transferred in 2116.041664 secs (2156575 bytes/sec) ~/Downloads|⇒
- Connected to local ethernet and used it configure Wifi service. This is how it looks at first screen, it should have Wifi SSID and IP address.
- Run a sample app given
View original post 248 more words