Snort should be a dedicated computer in your network. This computer’s logs should be reviewed often to see malicious activities on your network.
Steps to install Snort on Windows :
1. Download Snort from the Snort.org website. (http://www.snort.org/snort-downloads)
2. Download Rules from here. You must register to get the rules. (You should download these often)
3. Double click on the .exe to install snort. This will install snort in the “C:Snort” folder.
It is important to have WinPcap installed
4. Extract the Rules file. You will need WinRAR for the .gz file.
5. Copy all files from the “rules” folder of the extracted folder. Now paste the rules into “C:Snortrules” folder.
6. Copy “snort.conf” file from the…
View original post 602 more words