When you want the next step in rugged laptops for your tough work environment, the Latitude™ E6420 XFR notebook offers strong performance and reliable data protection in a design that’s built to withstand the most challenging environments.
- Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Professional
- Real-world rugged: Get protection from drops, spills, dust and related workplace hazards with the E6420 XFR laptop’s BallisticArmor™ protection and testing to high defense-grade standards.
- Field-ready: Enjoy a clear view of your work even in direct sunlight with the 14″ WLED display featuring Direct Vue™ technology.
- Flexible design: Expand your possibilities with optional hot-swappable media bay modules, including batteries, USB 3.0 drives, optical drives, hard drives and a legacy I/O module2.
Redesigned for work in your world
With its blazing performance and versatile usability, the Latitude E6420 XFR offers the features you need for work in rugged environments, including a 14.0” HD antiglare LED display with Direct Vue™ technology for sunlight readability and an optional resistive touch screen.
Just as tough on the inside, the E6420 XFR is packed with dual-core processing performance, optional discrete graphics, and long battery life with a 6-cell ExpressCharge™ battery (for recharging to 80% in an hour) and an optional 12-cell battery slice. Optional hot swappable media modules, including USB 3.0, optical drives, battery, hard drive and a legacy I/O module2, enable increased productivity and flexibility while in the field.
The Latitude E6420 XFR provides real-world rugged durability, go-anywhere productivity, confident security and the efficient manageability you’ve come to expect from the Latitude E-Family.
Doing business today means working anytime, anywhere. You need a laptop to keep up with your work and the tough environments around you. The Latitude E6420 XFR combines world-class performance with fully rugged design, giving you a truly field-ready computing solution.
- Get protection from harsh environments including extreme temperatures and humidity thanks to BallisticArmor™ technologies stringent independent MIL-STD-810G testing and IP-65 certification.
- Keep out the elements with PrimoSeal™ ingress protection, which provides an IP-65 level of protection against water and dust.
- Worry less about accidental drops thanks to rugged chassis materials, including PR-72™, and a redesigned bumpering system, which helps protect from drops of up to six feet.
- Stay cool with the third-generation QuadCool™ thermal management system, which delivers efficient cooling in extreme conditions with quiet operation and low power usage.
Get long-lasting power and performance to make your job in the field easier. Latitude E-Family laptops are built with your work in mind, offering great features to help increase productivity in extreme environments.
- Stay productive with 6-cell ExpressCharge™ batteries that (recharge to 80% in one hour) as well as extended battery options.
- Experience peak performance – even in deserts and tropical forests – with Intel® Core™ processor options, high-bandwidth DDR3 memory, wireless connectivity options and 512MB discrete graphics options.
- Perform more tasks in the field when you use optional hot-swappable media bay modules, including a DVD drive, second battery, 320GB hard drive, USB 3.0 ports or a legacy I/O module.
- Work the way your job demands with an optional touch-enabled display that conveniently allows you to interact with your laptop without a keyboard.
- See your work anywhere with an impact-resistant, outdoor-viewable, DirectVue™ 14″ WLED display.
Control of ownership
Manage, secure and maintain your Latitude E6420 XFR as easily as you do your entire fleet of E-Family laptops — from planning and deploying to ongoing maintenance and support.
- Confident security: Know your data is secure with Dell Data Protection and encrypted hard drive options, and get control over who can access to your data with Dell ControlVault™, contactless smart card and fingerprint reader login access options.
- Management made easy: The Latitude E6420 XFR fully rugged laptop is remote manageable and provides Intel® vPro™ Technology advanced management features with Intel WiFi Link WLAN option for easy monitoring and out-of-band system management.
- Easily plan: Easy product migrations with Latitude’s long life cycles, transitions, and advance looks at upcoming software and hardware changes.
- Latitude commonality: Use the Latitude E6420 XFR fully rugged laptop with other Latitude E-Family power supplies and accessories.
- Trusted member of the team: Know you have a partner with Dell for supporting your systems with a wide range of customizable service and support options, including Dell KACE™ system management appliances.
- Intel® CoreTM i7 (2640M)
- Intel® CoreTM i5 (2520M)
- Genuine Windows® 7 Professional, No Media, 32-bit, English
- Genuine Windows® 7 Professional, No Media, 64-bit, English
- Genuine Windows® 7 Professional,w XP Mode, No Media, 32-bit, English
- Genuine Windows® 7 Professional,w XP Mode, No Media, 64-bit, English
- Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate, No Media, 32-bit, English
- Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate, No Media, 64-bit, English
- Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate,w XP Mode, No Media, 32-bit, English
- Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate,w XP Mode, No Media, 64-bit, English
- Mobile Intel® QM67 Express Chipset
- 14.0” HD (1366×768) wide-view outdoor-viewable LED with Direct Vue™ technology
14.0” HD (1366×768) wide-view outdoor-viewable resistive touchscreen LED with Direct Vue™ technology
Both with impact resistant protective front glass
- DVD-ROM, DVD+/-RW
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Wireless LAN and WiMAX Options:
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205
Intel® Centrino® Advanced -N + WiMAX 6250
Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300
Dell Wireless 1501 (802.11 b/g/n 1×1)
Dell Wireless 1530 (802.11 a/g/n 2×2)
Mobile Broadband5 & GPS Options:
Dell Wireless™ 5630 Multi-mode HSPA-EVDO Mini Card (Gobi™ 3000) with A-GPS6
Dell Wireless™ 5550 Single-mode HSPA Mini Card with A-GPS6
Dell Wireless 5800 (LTE/4G) Mobile Broadband6
Dedicated GPS and antenna, SiRFstarIV™6
Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth® 3.0
- Physical Security:
Steel-reinforced Cable Lock Slots, Media Module and Hard Drive Locks.
User & System Security:
SmartCard Reader, optional Contactless SmartCard Reader/Fingerprint Reader
ControlVault – secure credential management within a trusted boundary
- High Quality Speakers
Stereo headphone/Microphone combo jack
Integrated, noise reducing array microphones
Optional Integrated FHD video webcam and Dell Webcam Central software
Ports, Slots & Chassis
Network connector (RJ-45)
USB 2.0 (3) – 1 USB/eSATA combo
Stereo headphone/Microphone combo jack
Docking Connector, VGA, HDMI, Serial
Legacy I/O module6 (RJ-11, RJ-45, serial) option via optical bay
USB 3.0 Module option via optical bay
Memory card reader, 54 mm ExpressCard
1 Full and 2 Half Mini Card Slots
Dimensions & Weight7
Width: 14.0″/356.1mm (15.3″/389.3mm with bumpers)
Height: 11.7″/296mm (12.1″/308.3mm with bumpers)
Depth: 2.2″/56.8mm (2.6″/67mm with bumpers)
Starting weight: 8.8 lbs / 3.99 kg (with 6-cell battery and no optical drive)
Single Pointing Backlit Keyboard
Optional rubberized red back-lit keyboard
Resistive-touch Panel Option (Single Point glove touch)
- 90W AC Adapter
90W Auto/Air DC adapter (optional)
6-cell (60Wh) Lithium Ion battery with ExpressCharge™
12-Cell (84WH) Rugged High Capacity Lithium Ion Battery Slice
3-cell (30Whr) E-Modular Bay II Battery
- Regulatory and Environmental Compliance
Regulatory Model: P21G
Regulatory Type: P21G001
Energy Star 5.0
EPEAT® Registered (see www.epeat.net for specific registration rating/status by country)
Environmental Testing and Certification See Summary of Independent Environmental Testing for details
Independently Tested to MIL-STD-810G for:
6ft Transit Drop – Method 516.6 Procedure IV; Humidity – Method 507.5 Procedure II
3ft Operating Drop – Method 516.6 Procedure IV; Salt Fog – Method 509.5 Procedure I
Blowing Rain – Method 506.5 Procedure I; Altitude – Method 500.5 Procedures I, II
Blowing Dust – Method 510.5 Procedure I; Explosive Atmosphere – Method 511.5 Procedure II
Blowing Sand – Method 510.5 Procedure II; Temperature Shock – Method 506.5 Procedure I
Vibration – Method 514.6 Procedures I (Categories 4,24), II; Freeze/Thaw – Method 524 Procedure III
Functional Shock – Method 516.6 Procedure I; Tactical Standby to Operational – Method 501.5 Procedure III
Solar Radiation – Method 505.5 Procedure I
Independently Tested MIL-STD-810G Temperature Ranges
Method 501.5, 502.5 Procedures I, II:
Operating: -20°F to 145°F (-29°C to 63°C)
Non-Operating: -60°F to 160°F (-51°C to 71°C)
Other Independent Certifications:
IP-65 Certified Ingress Protection – Dust-tight and protected against pressurized water ingress
UL16048 Certified for Hazardous Locations (Class 1, Division 2, Zones A, B, C, D)
MIL-STD-461F Certified for Electromagnetic Interference
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
- Intel® vPro™ Technology’s advanced management features (optional, requires Intel WiFi® Link WLAN)